Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/glendale/public_html/index.php:1) in /home/glendale/public_html/header.php on line 2

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/glendale/public_html/index.php:1) in /home/glendale/public_html/header.php on line 2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/glendale/public_html/index.php:1) in /home/glendale/public_html/header.php on line 3
Glendale Football Club |

where am i? - glendalefc.co.uk - home

match report

east ham memorial cup
saturday 25th september 2010, 14:00pm neutral
glendale sat 4-3 london & essex
T.Allen (2), J.Taylor, OG

at Ashton Playing Fields

dales win place in quarter-finals

posted by robpgfc on 25th sep 2010, 09:15

Glendale opened their season with a cup tie against fellow Premier Division side, London & Essex. With a host a players missing this weekend, it was a chance for others to establish their credentials for selection and they didn't disappoint.

It didn't start well however as London & Essex were ahead inside 30 seconds as a ball across the face of goal was slid in at the far post for 1-0.

The Dales responded in terrific fashion never giving their opponents a second on the ball and following a whole host of chances got level as JT finished from 12 yards following some good pressure on the home defence.

The lead was gained on the half hour as London & Essex failed to deal with a long throw and the defender sliced into his own net for 2-1.

But with seconds to go until the break they got level heading in a set piece at the far post for 2-2.

The sheer number of chances that had been created gave the Dales hope of a positive second half and that is what they got as Twoey cut in from the flank, worked the space and drove into the net for 3-1.

Not long after that, a penalty was awarded for a handball and Twoey stepped up to score his second and the Dales' fourth as they cruised towards the finish line.

However, with the subs used and players dropping with cramp, the Dales had to see out the game with 10 men and London & Essex managed to pull another goal back with a wonderful effort from long range and then could have been level as another magnificent effort crashed off the bar but the Dales held on for a deserved victory and now move into the quarter finals.